Works commenced on site on 28th November 2016. There will be various phases to the project, with final completion of the project in Autumn 2019.
Works during December 2016
Early December saw the site cleared of vegetation ready for construction works to begin. Demolition of the unoccupied existing structures and features on the site is well under way, leaving only the foundations of the existing school building and hard surface areas to be removed. Material from the demolition is being sorted and sent for recycling at an offsite licensed transfer station to maximise the environmental aspects of the project.
Hoarding has been erected along the boundary to enclose the site and to protect the public when the existing boundary walls are demolished. The sewer amendment works within Britannia Walk is progressing well, despite us encountering loose ground whilst excavating that necessitated us obtaining permission from Hackney Council to close the footpath. As part of the Christmas shutdown, the sewer excavation will be backfilled and the footpath in Britannia walk reopened for pedestrians.
- Removal of existing building foundations
- Completion of the sewer
- Excavation of the existing site to create a level working area
- Probing pile foundation positions to ensure there are no obstructions
- Construction of site cabin foundations, site access roads and temporary crossovers in Nile Street
- Preparation for piling activities at the end of February
Our normal site working hours will be:
- Monday – Friday 00 – 18.00
- Saturday08.00 – 13.00
- Sundays and Bank Holidays No working
- Last working day of 2016 will be Thursday 22nd December
- Site will reopen on Tuesday 3rd January 2017
We will endeavor to use the best practicable measures to minimise disruption and inconvenience during the course of our works. However, should you have any queries about the project, please do not hesitate to contact us.